Weekend MBA Program
The Weekend Master of Business Administration Program consists of 60 credit hours (20 courses; each of 3 credit hours) that can be completed within two to six years on trimester basis. Each trimester will be of thirteen weeks of duration. Students from the related academic background may get waiver of maximum 15 credit hours (5 courses). This program is, however, a nonresidential MBA program. The program offers a range of major or concentration are as:
• Banking and Finance
• Human Resources Management
• Accounting and Information Systems
• Management Information Systems
• Quantitative Business Analysis
• Development Management
• International Business
Why IBA-JU Weekend MBA Program
- High quality public university degree with a competitive and reasonable cost.
- Highly qualified faculty members with the international teaching and research exposures.
- Convenient class and examination schedules
- Strong industry linkages that integrate theories with practices.
- Flexible program design to facilitate the beginning and ending of the program within two to six years on a trimester system.
- Wi-Fi connectivity, rich seminar library and computer lab.
- Open for applicants who have completed their respective graduation from any reputed domestic or international institution.
If you want to accelerate your career progress or to change the direction of the career, Weekend MBA Program of IBA-JU is the right choice to develop your potentiality and to achieve the desired goals.
Admission Requirements & Admission Test
An applicant must have at least a Bachelor degree in any field of study with no third division/class or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) below 2.50 at any level. The admission test will comprise of a written test followed by a viva-voce examination. The written examination aims to measure the linguistic, analytical, and quantitative skills of a candidate. Final merit list will be based on the scores of the written and viva-voce examinations.
The total cost of the program includes the admission fees, seminar library fees, computer lab fees, registration fees per trimester and tuition fees etc. The cost of the program is at least Tk. 226500. Additional cost depends on the students’ previous academic standings and the duration of study in this program. Nevertheless, the cost structure would be adjusted occasionally to reflect the inflationary changes which is subject to the approval of the Finance Committee (FC) and the Syndicate of the University.
i) In general, the degree will be awarded after the successful completion of 20 courses (60 credit hours). Maximum five (5) courses can be waived based on the previous academic records of the student.
ii) Passing all of the required courses individually with at least “D” grade and maintaining a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.50.